Easy Chicken Sandwich Recipe: How to Gourmet your Lunch Break
In our recent survey, we found the UK is a nation of sandwich eaters, and over 59% people eat them as their lunchtime staple.
But, sandwiches don’t always have to be bought pre-packed from the supermarket or simply a boring ham on white.
As the chicken salad sandwich reigns supreme in sandwich stakes, we’ve worked with the team at Menagerie in Manchester to create a delicious, gourmet chicken sandwich recipe for you to try at home.
- 2 chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Sriracha sauce (or your favourite chilli sauce)
- Baby gem lettuce
- Frying pan
- Pre-heat oven to 185°c / gas mark 4
- Drizzle two chicken breasts with olive oil and add seasoning.
- Preheat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the chicken for a few minutes and add butter, garlic and rosemary, making sure to cook both sides. Add seasoning.
- Transfer the frying pan to the oven and cook the chicken until golden for approximately 12-14 mins. Alternatively, use a deep baking tray.
- Prepare the ciabatta by cutting it into two halves, drizzling them with oil and grilling until charred. Add mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and chopped baby gem lettuce.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, cut into slices and add avocado mayonnaise. Assemble the sandwich, add your garnish of choice and plate up or pack up.
- Serve and enjoy!