Psychological wellbeing treatment - Looking after your mental health
If you're struggling with work or personal problems, we may be able to offer short term interim support which can offer a positive and personalised service to help you get back on track.
Our mental health service can provide short term solution focused therapy to help you to make changes, review your difficulties and manage your mental health and wellbeing.
Your personal assessment
- To assist our therapist in assessing your needs they may ask you to provide some information from your GP.
- If we are able to help, this information will be required to ensure the most appropriate form of mental health support is provided. It maybe of help if you have seen your GP prior to accessing the service.
- Following receipt of this information, our therapist will contact you for a detailed discussion of your difficulties and needs.
- Should a course of short term course of therapy be deemed suitable during the assessment, the therapist will also work with you to determine the most appropriate type of therapy and the number of sessions to be provided.
- Therapy sessions may be delivered in various ways (e.g. by telephone, skype or face to face) and this will be confirmed during your assessment.
- As part of your assessment, and in your therapy sessions, you will complete short wellbeing questionnaires. These help to monitor your symptoms over the course of the treatment and to provide personalised advice.
- If you have not had therapy before it may take time to get used to the process, however, many people find the course of treatment to be hugely beneficial in helping them to make positive changes.
- Talking therapies rely on people being ready to make changes and to be engaged as an active participant in the therapy process. This may involve you undertaking worksheets to record activities you have undertaken between sessions.
- Getting help often involves talking about personal thoughts, feelings and painful events can be difficult and distressing; however your practitioner will support you throughout the process.
This service is in addition to our Psychological Wellbeing 24/7 Helpline which you can access straight away.
Please note: some mobile networks limit access to UK-based free-phone numbers when calling from abroad. Please contact your mobile network provider if you experience issues, or use a landline for your call.
Please make sure you have your membership number to hand.