1. This membership meets the demands and needs of someone who is looking for access to healthcare services such as Medical Diagnostics, Medical Treatment, Physiotherapy, GP and Mental Health helplines.
2. We are not a private medical insurer. We provide healthcare services on a discretionary basis, except treatment for TB, which is provided on an insured basis. Our services are reviewed regularly and subject to the resources we have available. In some cases, provision of service can be dependent on factors such as GP referral, NHS wait times and the type of treatment required.
3. There are exclusions, limits and restrictions that apply – this document does not contain comprehensive information about us and our services. Please refer to any additional information we have provided. Our Rulebook and our Guide to Benenden Healthcare are available on our website or on request by calling 0800 414 8100*.
4. Some services have a six-month qualifying period.
5. The services are only available to you within the UK apart from the 24/7 GP and 24/7 Mental Health telephone helplines which can be accessed from around the world.
6. We are unable to pay for services obtained before we have given our authorisation (with the exception of 24/7 GP and Mental Health helplines and Mental Health Support).
7. Benenden Health is a trading name of The Benenden Healthcare Society Limited. Benenden Healthcare is offered by The Benenden Healthcare Society Limited, which is an incorporated friendly society, registered under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, registered number 480F. The Society's contractual business (the provision of tuberculosis benefit) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. The remainder of the Society's business is undertaken on a discretionary basis. Financial Services Register number is 205351. This can be verified on the FCA’s Financial Services Register.
8. Membership is available to anyone over the age of 16 who is normally resident in the UK. Members can add friends and family to their membership regardless of their age.
9. The cost of membership is reviewed regularly and any increase agreed will be notified to in advance of any change.
10. We regularly review our services and make amendments from time to time. Members will be kept informed of any changes we make to our services, via our website, Be Healthy magazine, or communications to you.
11. Members have 14 days from the day they receive their membership pack after joining, to cancel their membership. Any payments made in this time will be refunded. All cancellations after the initial 14-day period will take effect and payments will cease at the end of the month in which the cancellation is received. If the membership contribution was paid annually in advance, the membership will cease at the end of the month in which we receive the cancellation request and we will reimburse the cost of the number of full months remaining on the annual payment.
12. Membership will continue for as long as contributions are paid.
13. If you have cause to make a complaint, please contact us. You can call us on 0800 414 8100, message via our website or write to us. If you’re still unhappy after we’ve investigated your complaint through our internal complaint’s procedure (available on our website), you may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can contact them at the address below and they’ll be able to advise you whether it is appropriate for them to review your complaint. Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR Email email@example.com or call 0800 023 4567. Calls are free from mobiles and landlines. If the Financial Ombudsman Service is unable to review your complaint, we can direct you to an alternative dispute resolution service. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
14. We do not provide advice regarding the suitability or otherwise of Benenden Healthcare for that individual. If you are unsure about whether membership is suitable for you, you should seek independent advice.
15. Our staff are salaried and may receive a bonus based partly on sales activity and partly on non-sales activity.
16. All communications will be in English. The laws of England will apply.
17. Members may become actively involved in how the Society is run by attending branch meetings. Each branch organises at least two meetings each year that Members can attend. When you become a Benenden Health Member, you’re automatically allocated to one of our branches, and if you would like, you can get involved, or you can email the Society Secretary at email@example.com.
* Lines open 9am - 5pm Mon - Fri excludes Bank Holidays
Please note that your call may be recorded for our mutual security and for training and quality purposes.