Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe: Lunch Ideas for Work
We’ve seen that the humble sandwich is the nation’s favourite lunch, but what if you are looking for a healthy alternative? Working with the team at Menagerie in Manchester, we’ve created a healthy, quick and easy chicken salad recipe to get you prepped for work the next day.
For the salad:
- Baby cucumber
- Red and yellow chicory
- Baby gem lettuce
- Baby tomatoes
For the chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- Frying pan
- Salad bowl
- Mandolin slicer or sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Pre-heat oven to 185°c / gas mark 4
- Prepare your vegetables by slicing carrots, cucumber, chicory, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Preheat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the chicken for a few minutes and add butter, garlic and rosemary, making sure to cook both sides. Add seasoning.
- Transfer the frying pan to the oven for 12 minutes and cook the chicken until golden. Alternatively, use a deep baking tray.
- While the chicken is cooking, season and toss the vegetables with oil in a salad bowl.
- Slice the chicken into segments and plate with the salad or into a lunch box for work the next day.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out our recipe for a healthy chicken sandwich also and let us see your own creations on Facebook and Twitter.
A unique approach to healthcare for your employees.
View our new health cash plan & cover options available today.
Quality discretionary healthcare for only £9.10 per person per month.