Thai-style vegetarian curry recipe
This sweet potato and chickpea curry, scented with lemongrass, is vegan friendly and dairy free.
Sweet potato and chickpea curry (serves 4)
- 400 ml Oatly Organic Creamy Oat (cream substitute)
- 200 ml basmati rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, minced
- 1 red chilli, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp red curry paste
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 70 g fresh spinach
- 100 g frozen mango
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped cashews
- Cook the rice according to instructions.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion, ginger and chilli pepper and sauté for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to soften.
- Add sweet potatoes and the curry paste and stir until the potatoes are coated and the curry is fragrant. Add tomatoes and vegetable stock and mix everything together. Bring to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add chickpeas, frozen mango and coriander and let it simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and squeeze over lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and cashews
This recipe has been kindly provided by our friends at Oatly. It was made using Oatly Organic Creamy Oat – a great dairy-free, healthy alternative to single cream. For more delicious recipes and further information about Oatly, visit the Facebook page.
To learn more about dairy-free options, read our article on alternatives to cow's milk.
You'll find additional articles on nutrition and healthier cooking in our healthy eating section.