In recognition of the current Coronavirus situation the dates in condition 10 have been extended to be booked with Bluecrest by 28/02/2021 and completed by 30/05/2021.
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter of this prize draw is Benenden Healthcare Society Limited of Holgate Park Drive, York, YO26 4GG (“Benenden Health”).
2. The opening date for the prize draw is 08.00am GMT on 02/03/2020 and the closing date is 11.59pm GMT on 30/04/2020 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after this time will not be considered.
3. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of Benenden Health, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
4. An automatic entry to the prize draw is gained by successfully completing any of the following actions before the Closing Date (an opt-out opportunity is also available):
Alternatively, no purchase is necessary, and you can enter by providing in writing your name, email address and/or phone number, quoting Benenden Health ‘Health Assessment Prize Draw Spring 2020’ to the address in condition 1.
Multiple entries can be gained (e.g. X joins Benenden Health over the telephone (X gains an automatic entry) and then X adds their partner onto their membership (another automatic entry is gained for X)) or made (e.g. X sends several entries via the post) but only one prize can be won per person. If a person is drawn twice or more during condition 9 below, the duplicate details will be discarded, and replacement winner(s) drawn.
5. Please note, the Benenden Core Health Assessment is available to anyone aged 18-89. However, if you’re over 79, certain tests may be modified. If you’re not able to undertake the Benenden Core Health Assessment, this may be transferred upon our discretion.
6. By entering the prize draw, or not choosing to opt out of automatic entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions and confirm that you are eligible to enter.
7. If entered automatically, due to one or more of the three actions listed in condition 4 above, the entry will only be valid if you, or the individuals you have added to your membership, are active Benenden Health members on the Draw Date (see condition 9).
8. Benenden Health accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause.
9. The 10 winners will be chosen by random draw by the 14/05/2020 ("Draw Date").
10. The winners will receive one free Benenden Core Health Assessment, worth £159 each. The Core Health Assessment will be provided by Bluecrest Health Screening (the "Supplier") at one of their 2,000 mobile clinics nationwide and must be booked by 31/08/2020 and the assessment completed by the 30/11/2020. The prize does not include travel between the winners’ home and the chosen Health Assessment clinic.
11. We will make every effort to supply your prize information to you within 30 days of the Closing Date. Shortly after the Draw Date each winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Benenden Health within 14 days of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited, and Benenden Health will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. To accept the prize the winner will need to confirm that their contact details can be passed to Bluecrest Health Screening who will contact the winner regarding the booking of the prize.
12. Once a prize is awarded and accepted, the winner will be contacted by phone by Bluecrest Health Screening to arrange their appointment.
13. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. For exceptions please refer to condition 5.
14. Benenden Health reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Benenden Health's control makes it necessary to do so.
15. The decision of Benenden Health regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
16. Benenden Health must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Benenden Health will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who writes to Benenden Health at the address in condition 1 (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Closing Date stated in condition 2. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Benenden Health via phone on 0800 414 8001, quoting ‘Health Assessment Prize Draw Spring 2020’. In such circumstances, Benenden Health must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
17. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Benenden Health reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
18. Benenden Health reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, Benenden Health, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Benenden Health, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
21. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.