Junior Data Architect
Do you want to work for an award-winning organisation with an amazing history and a bright future?
Benenden Health have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual with academic or workplace experience of Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing to train as a Junior Data Architect (JDA).
The JDA will help the Society by supporting the design, introduction and maintenance of new data sets to the Benenden Data Warehouse to help our business gain a better understanding of members and operations whilst improving experience and performance. This exciting role offers an opportunity to undertake fulfilling and challenging work whilst learning the full spectrum of skills you need to work as a Data Architect.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with an experienced Data Architect to support the Data Architecture strategy to provide accurate feeds from existing source databases into the data warehouse and the design, development and replacement of these feeds during system improvements.
- Working with stakeholders from IT, the Data Team and the wider business to understand their specific requirements, suggest solutions and translate complex source data into simple data models with guidance from the Data Architect.
- Creation of new data sets in the data warehouse using Kimball methodology.
- Adhere to formal data standards and ensure all data assets are created in line with these principles.
- Provide peer review of changes to ETL jobs, workflows and data flows that are written by other members of the wider Data Team.
- Represent the Data Architecture team on Benenden projects where a change to, or the introduction of, source data will occur.
The Society’s Data Architect Function exists to translate source data from a variety of Benenden systems into accurate and usable data marts to support Business decision making. You’ll be working with Data Scientists, BI Developers, IT and non-IT colleagues.
Working for a business with a strong commitment to ‘doing the right thing’, you can expect a broad range of benefits, including:
- Free Benenden Health membership
- Free onsite parking
- Excellent training and development
- Up to 35 days’ holiday including bank holidays, and no current weekend working
- Non-for-profit, mutual, healthcare organisation
- Pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free hot drinks
- Free fruit
- Employee engagement events
- Supporting local charities
- Onsite First Aiders and Mental Health First Aiders
For further information on this role, please refer to the Role Profile.
At or around £27,000 per annum, pro rata
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week, 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
9am, Monday 28th October 2019
To apply for this position please provide a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role along with your CV and the following documents to email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date please assume your application was unsuccessful in this instance. Please visit our website for further vacancies which may be of interest to you.