Senior Technical Engineer
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Technical Engineer to join our IT Team. This role will provide an effective technical service delivery on a day to day basis, develop and manage the technology in use to support all IT business systems and applications including communications, network and infrastructure across multiple sites.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Support the internal Network & Infrastructure, providing network administration, support and resolution of infrastructure problems whilst assisting with ongoing projects
- Provide KPI data to the business on system status; e.g. uptime & capacity reports
- Provide the technical lead for local operational projects and provide technical support for strategic projects where required
- Support the implementation of technologies or methodologies to support the business plan
- Manage and implement ‘best practice’ regarding policies, processes and documentation of IT systems
- Set the technology roadmap for current and future system development and implementation
- Evaluate, make recommendations on and approve technical architecture proposals presented by technology partners
- Support Benenden staff at all levels
- Support & remediate any Pen Test/Audits as required
The successful candidate must hold a professional qualification e.g. MCSE or CCNA and have demonstrable experience as a Senior Technical lead on successfully delivering technical services within a fast-paced business environment.
We are interested to hear from candidates how have a proven track record in:
- Managing and delivering technical services within an IT/IS and business environment
- Strong customer service ethos supported by ITIL Experience and qualifications with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Technical experience in core technologies (Windows 2008r2/2012/2016 server, 0365, VMware, and Cisco Firewalls)
- Managing backup and business continuity solutions
- Cloud Computing
As a valued colleague we offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement, excellent defined contribution pension scheme, onsite gym membership and the opportunity to join a fun and highly professional team.
For further information, please refer to the role profile.
At or around £39,500 per annum, pro rata
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
9am, Friday 1st November 2019
To apply for this position please provide a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role along with your CV and the following documents to email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date please assume your application was unsuccessful in this instance. Please visit our website for further vacancies which may be of interest to you.