Access to a GP when you need it
Booking an urgent GP appointment via the NHS can be tricky. And when you’re travelling, it can be a challenge to find a doctor if you have a medical niggle.
Whether in the UK or abroad, Benenden Personal Healthcare members can speak to a registered GP at any time of the day or night. Here’s how to do it:
Have your membership number to hand and decide whether you’d prefer a phone consultation or a virtual face-to-face eConsultation (done via a computer or Wi-Fi enabled mobile device).
GP appointments are available 24/7 while eConsultation appointments can be arranged between 8.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding UK bank holidays).
Call the Benenden 24/7 GP Advice Line on 0800 414 8247 (or +44 800 414 8247 if you’re abroad) to book a call-back telephone or eConsultation appointment.
If you opt for advice over the phone…
- The operator will confirm your membership details and make an appointment for the GP to call you back at a convenient time.
- The GP will then call you within 15 minutes of the arranged time to begin the consultation.
If you choose an eConsultation…
- You will need to provide an email address and telephone number, and have access to a computer, laptop or mobile device with webcam and microphone facilities at the time of your appointment.
- Once you have made an appointment, you will be sent an email to confirm the time of the appointment and to enable you to join the online eConsultation. You will need to be ready to access the email link at the time of the appointment.
- The GP will call you within 15 minutes of the arranged time to begin the consultation and will direct you to click the link in the email to enable the webcam consultation to take place.
(If for any reason, there is a problem with the internet or broadband connection, you will still be able to benefit from a GP consultation by telephone.)
Member John Innes recently used the Benenden GP 24/7 Advice Line. He said:
"I had a niggling pain in my leg and as I was about to leave to go on holiday I wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything to worry about. I called the GP 24/7 Advice Line and made an appointment for later that day. I got on with my packing and then the GP called promptly at the allotted time. We talked through my symptoms and how I was feeling. The doctor gave me some useful advice and suggested what to do next. It was very helpful and easy"