Our GP 24/7 service gives round the clock reassurance of knowing you can speak to a qualified, UK-based GP day or night, from anywhere in the world. You can talk to the GP by phone or eConsultation about any medical concerns you may have.
The GP 24/7 service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Alternatively online eConsultation appointments can be arranged 7 days a week between 8.00am to 22.00pm. (excluding Bank Holidays).
This is a return call service where you can specify a convenient time for a doctor to contact you. The GP will advise on a diagnosis and recommend the best course of action for you. They will not be able to make a referral but they can prescribe some medications over the telephone. Please note these are private prescriptions and separate charges apply.
Phone - How it works
- You must be a member of Benenden Healthcare, and have your membership number to hand. To arrange a telephone consultation you can call the Benenden GP 24/7 service on 0800 414 8247 to book a call-back appointment. You can also call from outside the UK on +44 800 414 8247.
- The operator will confirm your membership details and make an appointment for the GP to call you back at a convenient time
- The GP will call you at the arranged time to begin the consultation
Please note: some mobile networks limit access to UK-based free-phone numbers when calling from abroad. Please contact your mobile network provider if you experience issues, or use a landline for your call.
Benenden Health is delighted to be able to offer the next generation in GP services, an online eConsultation. This service provides members with an online face-to-face consultation with a practising qualified GP in the comfort of their own home or at work, and at a convenient time that suits.
eConsultations are available;
7 days a week: 8:00am - 22:00pm. This service is not available on bank holidays.
Alternatively access to telephone consultations are available 24/7.
The online eConsultation service will enable you and the doctor to see each other via a webcam on your computer, laptop or mobile device providing an enhanced communication between doctor and patient using state of the art 3D medical images and health information. They will not be able to make a referral but they can prescribe some medications over the telephone. Please note these are private prescriptions and separate charges apply.
How it works
- You must be a member of Benenden Health, and have your membership number to hand. To arrange an online eConsultation you can call the GP 24/7 service on 0800 414 8247 to book an appointment with the operator
- You will need to provide an email address and telephone number, and have access to a computer, laptop or mobile device with webcam/microphone facilities at the time of your appointment
- Once you have made an appointment, you will be sent an email to confirm the time of the appointment and to enable you to join the online eConsultation. You will need to be ready to access the email link at the time of the appointment
- The GP will call you at the arranged time to begin the consultation and will direct you to click the link in the email to enable the webcam consultation to take place. If for any reason, there is a problem with the internet or broadband connection, you will still be able to benefit from a GP consultation by telephone