Regional Health Indicators
The nation was asked in our National Health Survey about a number of key health indicators ranging from how much sleep they get a night on average, to how many cigarettes they smoke a day. They were scored accordingly with the healthiest answers scored ‘5’ and the unhealthiest responses scored ‘0’. These scores were then added together in order to rank the regions from the healthiest region (London) to the unhealthiest region (North East).
North East - 11
- 13.1 units of alcohol per week
- Average BMI 26
Northern Ireland - 10
- Consume 2.8 portions of fruit and veg a day
- Sleep 6.3 hours per night on average
North West 9
- 26.1 Average BMI
- 3.9 cigarettes smoked a day
Scotland - 8
- 878.2 ml of water per day
- 4.3 cigarettes smoked per day East
Wales - 7
- 63.3 minutes of cardio per week
- 943 ml of water per day
South East - 6
- 3.6 cigarettes smoked a day
- 74.8 minutes of cardio per week
Midlands - 5
- 26.2 average BMI
- 924.5 ml of water per day
South West - 4
- Consume 3.7 portions of fruit and veg a day
- 1 muscle strengthening sessions per week
Yorkshire - 3
- Do 76.6 minutes of cardio per week
- 11.6 units of alcohol a week
East - 2
- Sleep 6.6 hours on average a night
- 950 ml of water per day
London - 1
- 1.5 muscle strengthening sessions per week
- 10 units of alcohol per week
Download the full National Health Report 2014 here.
Find out just how healthy Mr and Mrs Average are.
Find out how our health differs from region to region.
Find out just what health standards there are scepticisms against.
Find out what the public thinks about healthcare in the future.
benenden health - putting the needs of our members first since 1905
As a mutual friendly organisation we have a long and trusted history dating back over a century. We are dedicated to offering our members affordable, discretionary healthcare that works in harmony with the NHS, so why not find out more about us and our offering.